Wednesday, July 11, 2018

I Am the Prairie Cricket..

It has been a very long time between posts..I honestly had thought I would just give it up and move on, but my husband named my blog.  I have been many things in this life.  A girl..a woman...a wife..somebody's mom..I've been a girlfriend, a divorced woman ~  but never a widow ~ until now.  I've got some time under my belt with that one..its been 2 years.  But when someone says that word ~ widow~ it still sends a shock to my system.  I doubt I will ever get used to it and quite frankly I hope not.  Who knows..I may be a girlfriend again.  No rush though.  I tried the dating thing..and it just feels weird.  Its hard to wrap your head around the thought that its   "OK"....your not doing anything wrong.  But divorcing someone or breaking up is a world away from someone you love just ceasing to exist. I can't figure out the road map for this journey..its written in a language I don't yet understand.  My friends say,   get on out there and see what its like.  My kids say, online dating is where its at these days. Neither one makes sense.  And I am terrified of the thought of online dating.  I mean seriously??  Has life changed THAT much in 30 years?  Why yes...yes it has.  I think I'll just pet my Chicken. 
We have coffee on the porch you see..and she tells me stories..and I have the most ornery horse named Pete..and I know for a fact that if I would open the door...He would come right on in.  Its what he would do after I opened the door...that kind of scares me more than just a bit.
And I have more dogs and cats than I should..and somehow ducks came to be in the picture again.  Thank you dear sister in law..I hope Canada is treating you well.  By the time she gets back the ducks and I will be best friends and they will just have to stay.  This is my life..


  I am about to be a Nan for the first time..JOY to my heart for that one!  Not one but 2 this year.  2 of my daughters are blessing me with babies.  One is a girl we know and my oldest..doesn't want to know.  As much as that frustrates me at times ~ I applaud that.  There are not near enough surprises in this lifetime.  But ME....a Nana...Nanny...a Gram.. I hope to do it justice.  Its a big job being Nan...

No comments:

Post a Comment